Wednesday, October 18, 2006

rockstar

when i first arrived in cambodia i let myself get overwhelemed by the constant crowd of people trying to get my attention.

but then i thought, hey it's like i'm a fucking rockstar. i pull up on a huge bus, people are there holding signs, waving and pointing at me, sure they have hotel names instead of "we love you kristine!" written on them. but they want me. they all want me. they bang on the windows and point at me, i choose who out of the crowd is gonna drive me to my hotel tonight.

as i walk down the street they gather around me, they touch me, they ask me questions, sure it's usually "hey lady you buy t-shirt one dolla"and not""wow kristine how is it that you fucking rock so hard, will you sign my stomach.

but it's pretty much the same thing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love your brain. in fact, i think yours & mine often occupy the same classrooms. We have "homeroom" together. ;p

Anonymous said...

I like this underlying sub-plot of your search for God. I think your god is inside you. But you know how they say that God is ultimately unknowable, and that idea seems to apply to most structured religions or concepts of spirituality? I like how you are looking out into the world in ways that stimulate your brain to work in new ways, and those ways will ultimately reflect BACK to you, your vision of your God that's in there under your heart and above your liver (don't it get crowded n there??!?);) I love it.

kristineadams said...

homeroom? i think they always cut school and get stoned together, that's what i think.

well i suppose if they were stoned they would run so obssesivly in their little hamster wheels now would they?