Thursday, October 26, 2006

head north little lady

i wish i could put you behind my eyes.
rest you on the bridge of my nose.
i want you to see every little thing i am seeing. i want you to understand why i'm here and what i'm doing. i want you to experience with me normal, and not so normal things that now make up my every day, make up my existance at this point and time. my one regret at the moment is in my bad grammer, and fully flawed spelling that keeps you from me, from the me that is the expereience of the thing.

i was trying to hide out in bangkok, i had a cheap room, new where to get cheap food, the only thing that was expensive was the beer, and that by american standards was dirt cheap. i promised myself to hole up, to relax, regroup. i celebrated my one month mark of traveling by staying in my guest house and promising myself that i would watch movie after endless movie played on the tv's there.
the morning started out great, Bring it on a cheerleading movie was the first on the list, just the thing for me. i reviled and relived my highschool cheerleading days, getting drawn in and excited by the miindless junk flashing before me. i drank beer and ate french fries, i sweated and looked at my journal, pretending to write, pretending i had something to write. the second movie came on, 50 first dates another flick i'd never seen and was happy about my mindless state, getting more mired in brainless relaxation.
then of course out of the blue i meet an old friend. old friend in backpacking terms meaning we;ve meet before. down south in ko chang, a french-canadian write called Gi-on, okay good luck with kristines hooked on phonics, doesn't work for me, so he sits and he talks and he is headed for india tonight. we are staying at the same guest house and he talks to me through half the movie. he is a nice so i talk back. we then end up going all through the ghetto of bangkok searching for an elusive vegetarian resturant, it is never found. we eat cheap paid thai and get stuck in a sudden rain storm...my day of rest turns into one of adventure. our number increases as we are joined by a german girl working in bangkok. i really just want to throw my lazy body down somewhere and not be required to give any responses. i struggle with that action and am rewarded with secrets of the neighbrhood that will serve me well when i return to bangkok.
hours later it is time for him to leave. i say good bye, and talk about meeting him in india, then thankfully i am on my own.
i board a bus the next day for Aythua, a couple of hours norrth of bagkok. the tuk tuks have turned into sharks because with the insurgance of toourists they smell fresh blood. i hear several lies, and am constantly overcharged, i have to walk over a block away from my area before i get a decent price to the bus station, and even then it is a barganing war..
the rest is easy, uneventful. in aythua i find a shithole of a guesthouse, i head out walking and am lost for a few hours, only to hire a motorbike and find that i was almost there, i am charmed by a thai boy with a british accent to eat at his resturant, afterwards he wants me to stay stay with him. my thick skull doesn't really get it at first until he spells it out for me. oh, duh, like stay stay with you...not likely. i fabricate wild stories to him, and other annoying boys about a husband, a boyfriend, a family at home. it get's kinda fun sometimes, but then i have to be careful and not get my lies tangled up. i tell tales to them of different lives i wish i had, different dreams to cast into the future. it is interesting, when questioned, to see what i really want in my future, how do i feel when i tell thwem of this phantom husband, what do i turn him into, what do i really imagine to myself. it has turned into a fun game.
but Aythua...first day i was lost, first day i took a boat ride and felt as if i was weightless and glidong above the water without the help of the boat,. second day i got up early, before the heat, i rented a bicycle and took to the streets. my fate was in my hands as i drove through traffic, it was scary, the bike was old, there are no helmets, and it had handbrakes unlike my plush cruiser at home.
i saw temples and wats and elephants and beauty. i sat for a break and was accosted by a kittenm that would have easily fit in my shoe. it was stil;l so young and clean, it launched itself into my lap and promptly fell asleep, i was contented.
i left that day for Sukothai, and here i am. more Wats to see tomorrow at dawn, the heat of the day makes it a sad place to venture about. so north and north and north i go. i'm to meet kristina on november 2nd in chaing mai, so until them i will make a tour of the area. sukothai has so much to see, such a nice place to relax.
more later...

No comments: