Thursday, November 30, 2006

DAMN!!!!

well damn it's happend again.

i like to think of myself as a fairly carful traveler. you know, i keep the important stuff with me, where i can see it or hold it (most the time). i never ever put important things in my big bag, that's for books, dirty clothes, and gifts.

so you may imagine my, uh suprise when i find myself 6am streets of bangkok. i'm tired, sweaty, i can't find a room for under 600baht (i should be paying 170 baht). i'm wandering past the hookers, street sweapers, tuk-tuk drivers, and even two men yelling at me from a second story window trying to schedual me a tattoo appointment for later that day. this is really not looking good
i finally give in and take the next hotel i come to, a whole 400baht a night. imagine me as i open my wallet and, no money.

nope. none.

well where the fuck did it go? i had it.

i suppose the thing about a good theif/pickpocket is that they don't get caught, that you don't even realize it has happened. as i have now expereinced on several ocassions here in asia.

so last night i caught a night bus from chiang mai to bangkok. it leaves 6pm and arrives 6am. it is geared for travelers and is swanky and cheap with fully reclining seats and AC.

we get on 6pm, lights out. weird. usually i find it almost impossible to sleep, especially in something like a bus, but oddly enough i remeber very little of this ride. i did however have one of those weird waking/can't wake dreams. where you try to move your body, you try to speak, and you really really want to wake up because you should but you can't. i had one of those.

i really didn't think much of this dream as i was fuming about the lost dough. i thought more about how in the world did someone get into my little bag that was securly attached to my camera bag, riding between my feet on the bus?
then i got into my not so nice over priced hotel room and opened my big bag. oh yeah foul play. the big bag had been searched there was no doubt about it.

so i have my theories, and i have my suspects, but that's all i have.

luckily all they took was my cash, nothing else.

nice way to welcome me back to bangkok.

No comments: