Saturday, February 17, 2007

gungaroos

Friday, February 09, 2007
gungaroos
today was the first time ever i strapped on some gungaroos.
for those of you that don't know gungaroos are the bells worn around the ankles, they are found in several different forms of classical indian dance.
the feeling was amazing. having them on my ankels really made me want to dance. it was elating. suddenly after a full day of rehersal, running to the tailors, running to the bookshop, working with an indian graphic designer on big banners for our show, and then doing music theory, blah blah blah....i thought i was pooped (always goes back to #2) but no i found that with my gungaroos i had the power to go on.
i was a new woman. i did every choka step and every dance. i was floating on bells.
i have been learning more and more about the history of odissi dance...something i won't babble on about, but this whole experience has ruined me. or saved me, we've yet to see.

still in airplane limbo.

No comments: